Thoughts of “back to school” are still with me after all these years. My thoughts also turn to getting “back to business” after enjoying some time off. Getting back to business for many companies, solopreneurs, schools and not-for-profits in September involves thoughts of making or raising more money! In the crispy new video below I share with you three video styles to boost your eCommerce authentically!
Most viewers don’t sit down with their mobile or desktop hoping to be given the hard sell on something. Online viewers are craving a story, are looking for “connection” and to want “feel” something. So unless a viewer is on a dedicated e-Commerce hub like www.pitchus.com, the hard sell isn’t effective.
Here are 3 video styles you can implement now to boost your eCommerce: [You can continue reading below the video window…]
- Audiences don’t care as much about what your offer is, as they do about how your offer or product will help make their lives better and how it will make them feel. If you want to sell stuff, focus on the benefits you offer. Will your customers, clients or donors feel smarter, faster, healthier, richer or happier after using your product?
- Tell a story about how that looks. My cousin runs UFC-style gyms in Toronto. If he wanted to sell more memberships he could talk about how they are fun people and will get you fit, but that isn’t a tangible benefit. Telling a story illustrating the benefits of membership is way more effective. “Mary” is out of shape and depressed. Mary buys membership, gets ripped, gets confident, becomes fearless and now has an awesome boyfriend (bonus!). Now you get the picture!
- Customers, clients, donors online talking about how your products or services have benefited them is marketing gold and authentic marketing at its finest. It is social proof and credibility. I’ve directed many testimonial videos over the years and they are cost-effective and relatively easy (and fun!) to shoot.
- Make sure you get video testimonials from your most ideal clients. Online viewers psychologically want to see themselves in the videos they watch so make sure you are connecting and appealing to potential customers that you most want to serve.
- Give your audience a taste of what it is like to work with you. A mini coaching session, a cooking demo, a clip from one of your live seminars, walk them visually through your process.
- Keep it short, 1 min or so and make sure you are giving your viewers some value. Reward them for taking the time to watch.
- Include downloadable PDFs, MP3 files, whatever serves your content and your customers.
- Speak directly to your viewers into the camera or work with one of your ideal customers on-camera to give a sense of what working with you feels like.
These three videos styles will help you sell more programs, move more product and raise more money. Have you got some sales videos on-line? What videos worked best for you? Share them in the comments below! And as always, I’m here to answer any questions you have. Throw your questions in the comments and I’ll get you some answers.
Please forward this video to friends and colleagues in need of some eCommerce video help. We’re all in this together!
Thank so much for watching and reading!
See you next week,