If you run a school, summer camp, or some other experiential biz you can benefit from the fundraising video ideas, too! These do not have to be professionally produced so get out your phones and get shooting. Just click the play button below to hear my top five video ideas to flex your fundraising muscles! As always the text version is under the video to enjoy at your leisure. Cheers, from the production office!
Five video story ideas for fundraising:
- Virtual tour of your onsite facilities. Donors love to see where their hard-earned dollars are going, so show them! Film classrooms, food stations, make-shift hospitals, kids enjoying activities…show your facility in use.
- A thank you video for donors. Shoot a different thank you video for each of your levels of giving or contribution amounts. Look straight into the camera lens and speak from the heart. This way each donor feels that you are speaking directly to them and they are a person, not just a wallet.
- In my humble opinion, every not for profit or registered charity needs an organizational video that increases awareness about your mission. That video can be public facing and you may have a slightly different cut of the same vid created for your team that stays within your organization. Clearly stating your mission online is piece of your social proof. Video is the most effective way to do this. If you can’t travel across the country or the world sharing your mission with your team, and the public at large, a video can!
- Recruitment video! Not for profits, registered charities, schools, camps etc rely on the hard work of volunteers. You need to keep the folks you’ve got and also attract new recruits. A targeted video for volunteers gives a sense of ownership, belonging and a feeling of being part of positive change.
- Campaign video. Each new campaign should have its own video. It grows your digital content library and gives an anchor to each social media push surrounding each campaign. Stories make causes captivating. Tell stories often!
There are your five video ideas and there are so many more. What fundraising videos are you making? Tell me in the comments below!
Thanks so much for joining me and please have a safe and profitable week. Happy video marketing!